Are you compassionate, with a strong desire to make a difference for the people in your community? Are you looking for a career that is meaningful? Come work for Community Living North Perth! We are seeking Full Time Direct Support Workers in our Residential homes. Our Direct Support Workers are a vital part of our team as they support people with developmental disabilities to live their lives to the fullest, explore their goals and dreams, share their unique talents and gifts, and be active members of their community
As a Full Time, Support Worker, you will work a 40-hour-per-week rotation of days and evenings and must be able to work weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist the people we support to actively participate in community programs and events of their choosing
· Provide support to participate in their homes, schools, workplaces, and community
· Provide some personal care assistance and/or assistance with medication administration, as required
· Promote the agency’s mission and values and be a positive role model while interacting in the community
· Communicate regularly with the team, coordinators, and managers
· Be flexible to change at any time as each person directs their choice of activities
· Work effectively with individuals, other staff, families, and the community
· Ensure the accuracy and complete all documentation as required
· Work in a safe and responsible manner and attend mandatory training as required
· You are compassionate with a strong desire to make a difference for the people in your community
· You are innovative and enthusiastic and enjoy thinking in a creative way to help people with developmental disabilities achieve a high quality of life
· You enjoy working with people and are a strong team player
· You are available to work days/evenings or overnights, including weekends on a rotation
· You have post-secondary education in a Human Services related field or are willing to participate in training to achieve the required qualifications
· You have a current First Aid/CPR certificate or are willing to get one
· Able to proceed with a satisfactory Vulnerable sector criminal reference check
· Comfortable with technology, including internet and email
· As per CLNP policy, all staff must be able to show proof of full vaccination plus one booster against Covid-19 or willing to comply with the policy
Salary: $23 per hour plus $3.00 wage enhancement (Total $26 per hour)
Eligible for Employer Paid Benefits, Employee & Employer RRSP Contribution Plan, Paid Sick Time, and Vacation Time.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $26.00 per hour
Employee assistance program
Extended health care
Paid time off
Ability to commute/relocate:
North Perth, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
Can you provide a clear vulnerable criminal record sector check?
Do you have up-to-date First Aid and CPR?
Do you have a driver’s license, a clean driving record, and a reliable vehicle?
Are you available to work a rotating schedule?
Are you fully vaccinated against Covid 19? Do you have a third or fourth booster? If no booster are you willing to get one?
Apply on Indeed
Or send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org