The Executive Director works with the Board of Directors to develop the organization’s mission, vision, goals and strategies and executes the strategic plan. This role ensures productive engagement with primary partners and funding stakeholders. To be successful, this candidate requires a strong ability to solve problems, is flexible to change, a team player, and willing to handle all support requests with courtesy.
Your role would include:
- Providing support to the Board of Directors;
- Implementing the strategic plan to guide the organization;
- Fostering effective teamwork;
- Developing an annual operational plan and budget;
- Full operation of the Financial Department (cash management, bank recs, month end, internal reporting, year ends and statutory reporting etc.)
- Overseeing the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the organization;
- Overseeing the planning, implementation and evaluation of the organization’s program and services;
- Overseeing human resources planning;
- Establishing plans, programs, processes and budgets for greater effectiveness.
What you should bring:
- A minimum ten years progressive senior leadership experience.
- Strong accounting knowledge and skills obtained in experience or designation ex. CA/CMA/CPA.
- Previous experience working within a policy governance model, considered an asset.
- Certified Association Executive or other related professional designation considered an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge and passion for the non-profit sector with a community minded philosophical view.
- Alignment with the organization’s unique strengths, culture, values, beliefs and core competencies.
- Expert communicator with ability to see the big picture, trusted advisor able to adapt style for persuasion and influence.
If you are interested and would like to review the full job description or to submit your resume and cover letter in confidence before January 8th, 2021 contact:
Ward & Uptigrove HR Solutions
P.O. Box 127
Listowel, ON N4W 3H2
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We are dedicated to maintaining a respectful, fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants. If accommodation is required during the selection or interview process it will be available upon request. This job posting is available in an accessible format upon request.